Resource Center for Amputees and Medical Providers
Better information delivers better outcomes.
If you have a specific question or are looking for information you don’t find here, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.
- Achilles Track Club Achilles is a worldwide organization, with the mission of enabling people with all types of disabilities to participate in mainstream athletics
- Amputee Empowerment Partners (AEP) is safe, free online social network, designed so people can connect and discuss a variety of topics related to the life of amputees
- Amputee Coalition of America A national, non-profit amputee consumer educational organization representing people who have experienced amputation or are born with limb differences
- Adaptive Sports Foundation
- The American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists
- The American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics (ABC)
- The Amputee Coalition’s Prosthetic Parity Information Page
- AOPA Grassroots Lobbying Tools
- AOPA Votes
- The BARR Foundation
- The Center for Orthotics and Prosthetics Learning and Outcomes/Evidence-Based Practice (COPL)
- Board of Certification/Accreditation, International (BOC)
- Cailor Fleming Insurance
- Challenged Athletes Foundation The Challenged Athletes Foundation assists people with disabilities in pursuing an active lifestyle through physical fitness and competitive athletics
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Disabled Sports USA – DS/USA now offers nationwide sports rehabilitation programs to anyone with a permanent physical disability. Activities include winter skiing, water sports, summer and winter competitions, fitness and special sports events
- Healing Hands for Haiti
- The International Society of Prosthetists and Orthotists (ISPO)
- Limbs International
- Limbs of Love
- Limbs For Life Foundation – To benefit amputees by promoting advanced research and to provide comfortable and fully functional prosthetic care for individuals who cannot otherwise afford it
- National Amputee Golf Association – A not-for-profit organization that offers physical and mental therapy to amputees through involvement with golf
- National Association for the Advancement of Orthotics & Prosthetics (NAAOP)
- National Commission on O&P Education
- The National Conference of State Legislatures
- O&P PAC (Political Action Committee)
- O & P Athlete Assistance Fund – The Orthotic & Prosthetic Assistance Fund supports year-round fitness and education programs that enable persons with disabilities to enjoy the rewards of physical fitness, social interaction, and personal achievement
- O & P Online – An international resource for prosthetic and orthotic information
- Reach – Arm Deficient Children – Reach provides information and support for families with children who have hand or arm deficiencies
- Step Global
- The United States Federal Register
- Wounded Warrior Project
Amputee Coalition of America Publications
A Guide for Adapting to Limb Loss (published biannually)
Parenting Children and Teens with Limb Differences
Amputee Coalition of America
900 E. Hill Ave., Ste. 205
Knoxville, TN 37915-2566
A health, fitness and recreation magazine for people with disabilities. Published bi-monthly.
Disability Today Publishing Group
2276 Rosedene Rd.
St. Ann’s, ON Canada, LOR1YO
Amputee Golfer Magazine
Official publication of the National Amputee Golf Association.
11 Walnut Hill Road
Amherst, NH 03031
Published quarterly by Disabled Sports USA
451 Hungerford Dr.
Rockville, MD 20850
Limbs for Life Foundation
attn. Craig Gavras
5929 N. May, Ste 511
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Amputee Related Books
You’re Not Alone by John Sabolich
The stories of 38 remarkable amputees who conquered the challenges of a lifetime.
Lower Limb Amputation: A Guide to Living a Quality Life by Adrian Christian, MD
A unique resource aimed to educate those with lower limb amputation so they can better care for themselves and maximize their own independence.
In a Single Bound by Sarah Reinersten
A gripping memoir of inner strength about a one-legged child trying to fit in with her two-legged friends, who became one of the world’s most famous physically-challenged sports figures
It’s just a matter of balance by Kevin S. Garrison
A very personal story of amputee rehabilitation. Written as an autobiography it is good prosthetic education and a useful story for clinicians and students.